Celebrating healthier appetites for food, exercise, and life!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Veggie Enchilada Pasta


I ate a delicious dinner today, adapted from this recipe for veggie enchilada pasta. She doesn't really give any quantities, but I used:
6 1/4 oz whole wheat shell pasta (cuz that's all I had)
3 smallish zucchini
3 smallish summer squash
1 lb 12 oz can of crushed tomatoes
16 oz jar of (medium heat) enchilada sauce
12 pkg of frozen corn
hot ro*tel
can of black beans, rinsed and drained
can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 T minced garlic
an entire bunch of green onions
and all of the spices in copious amounts - cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. I like spicy and hot. It was spicy and delicious. I made it a few weeks ago and froze individual servings for later. It still tasted quite yummy and the noodles didn't get all dried out. I'm glad I used a firm pasta and cooked it JUST til al dente. Otherwise, I think it would have been mushy.

I gave the recipe to a coworker who has a vegetarian daughter. She made it for her family and they all raved about it. I think my kids would like it, but I'd have to make it with "mild" ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment