Celebrating healthier appetites for food, exercise, and life!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

homemade salad dressing

I have always thought making homemade salad dressing was a big pain, and rarely do it. I still kind of think that, but this sounded so yummy, I tried it out. I liked it, though I had to add some extra orange juice to make it less of a dip and more of a dressing. It looks kind of...well, maybe we shouldn't think about it. It was pretty delish though. I think I'd add some more garlic when making it again.


Avocado Ctirus Dressing
makes about 2 cups - 11 cal per T

1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
1/3 c orange juice
5 T lime juice
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
dash of cayenne pepper (I used 1/8 tsp)

Blend all in a blender til smooth. It will get thick in the fridge, but will thin out when warmed a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment